Mon-Fri: 5am to 9pm
Sat, Sun and Holidays: 9am to 6pm
24 Hour Access Available with card (see below right).
GFAFB Sports, Fitness & Aquatics Center is a 135,000 square foot, state of the art facility featuring two gymnasiums, two racquetball courts, a multipurpose area (w/indoor track), weight rooms, cardiovascular equipment room, aerobics room, spin room, indoor swimming pool and a Parent/Child Area. Our facility has two men's and two women's locker rooms with saunas in the main locker rooms. This facility provides plenty of room for a healthy fitness and sports program.
Hand-Carry Your Workout Shoes To help preserve Fitness and Sports Center equipment, floors and courts, the Fitness Center staff would like to remind patrons to hand carry their athletic shoes to the facility.
Pool Party and Movie on the Lawn, 24 June
Join us at the Aquatic Center from 2 to 4pm for games and at 4:30pm in the Field House for an "outdoor" showing of Disney's Moana. Bring your own snacks and folding chairs or blankets. Both events are free!
Freedom Fun Run, 29 June
Celebrate our Nation's Independence with a 5K Run/Walk that will begin on the 5K trail at 4pm.
Bouldering and Auto Belay
Sundays from 1 to 4pm
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Join us for free self-defense classes from 6 to 7pm Mon, Wed, and Fri at the Fitness Center.
- Days: Mon, Wed, Fri
- Time: 9:30 to 10:30am
- Where: Aerobics Room
- Mon: 8am, 4pm, and 8pm
- Wed: 8am and 4pm
- Thu: 6pm
- Fri: Check spin room door
- Sat: 9:15am
Fitness Improvement Program
This 8-week course alternates between cardio (Mon/Wed/Fri) and core/strength training (Tue/Thu) and is open to military and civilians wanting to improve their fitness level. Please contact SrA Mounts for a start date.
Locker Program is Back!
Active Duty will be allowed to have a locker again and off base has priority. Please contact the Fitness Center for more information.
Earn incentive prizes for reaching your goals. Clubs include swimming, running, cycling, weight lifting and Fitness on Demand.
24-Hour Fitness Access
- - All members authorized patronage under AFI 34-252, Table 1-1, may use the facility after hours, but they must have a signed and abide by the After Hours Statement of Understanding
- - Dependents under 16 yrs must be escorted at all times
- - The Wingman Concept is highly encouraged at all times
- - Those choosing to wear civilian clothing in lieu of a PT uniform while working out will ensure it is neat, clean, and appropriate
- - Clean up after yourself; put away weights not in use and sanitize the equipment after use
- - Respect all equipment. If equipment is broken/out-of-order please report it to the log book on the front counter
- - Do not remove the equipment from the facility; the premises are
- under surveillance
- - Refrain from reckless conduct and stop those who are an endangerment to the equipment and themselves
- - All injuries during after-hours use must be reported to the Fitness Center staff within 48 hrs and the wing safety office
- - Call 9-11 in an emergency!
- - Remember: The two AED machines are located across from the front desk and across fromthe desk by the pool
24-Hour Fitness Access Training as of 1 April will be offered on a first come first serve basis reservations will no longer be required.
Our equipment is manufactured by Precor and includes: steppers, elliptical, upright bicycles, recumbent bicycles and treadmills. Each machine is setup for cardio theater. In addition we have Concept II rowers. Our spin room utilizes 20 Schwin bikes.
An area where parents may work out and watch their children play.
Our free weight equipment is Hammer Strength and our resistance machines are made by Life Fitness but also include a Nautilus Gravitron.
Include three softball fields, a 400-meter outdoor running track, running trail with 3K & 5K routes, three horse shoe pits, sand volleyball court, pavilion, picnic tables and cooking grills.
Life Fitness Videos
Available in the aerobics room.
All our equipment can be confusing, at times pretty intimidating, and if you are not using the equipment correctly it can result in an injury to you or damage to the equipment. In order to get you past this obstacle we are offering classes that will show you how to properly utilize the weight and cardiovascular equipment. Call the Fitness Center at 747-3384 to make an appointment with one of our staff members to familiarize yourself with our equipment.
Attend the Fitness Class You Want When you Want
Fitness on Request has a large variety of classes including Aerobics, Cycling (Spin), Kickboxing, Pilates, and Dance. The Kiosk is located in the Aerobics Room at the Fitness Center. You can register right at the kiosk.
You can also reserve the room for a group session. Call 747-3384 A Fitness Center staff member is always available to assist if you need help or have any questions.
Our trained staff can design a workout program just for you! Your plan will start with your current fitness level and will be designed for improvement and to help you reach your goals
Each 6 week program includes:
- Initial Fitness Assessment to determine your starting fitness level
- Goal Setting
- Work-Out program (including warm-up, cardio, strength, and cool down exercises)
- Fitness Reassessment (4 to 6 weeks later)
- Weekly Follow Ups--either a one-on-one workout with trainer or verbal follow up
- **Follow-ups beyond 6 weeks will be determined by the waiting list & Fitness Center manning**
Open to all Grand Forks AFB Personnel
Active Duty Have Priority. Availability will be first-come, first-serve based on FC manning.